about bulletins books Maureen Johnson dot com blog f.a.q. contact community
 
 
 
 
 
suite scarlett
girl at sea
devilish
13 little blue envelopes
the bermudez triangle
the key to the golden firebird
vacations from hell
let it snow
 
 

Monday, September 25, 2006

AN INTERRUPTION

This is not a full post. This is an interruption in the normal blogging scheme so that I can complain and ask for help, and also tell you something.

iTunes constantly taunts me by not allowing me to purchase and download the entire catalog of The Divine Comedy. But today it is just being spiteful. Right now, in the UK, you can download the new Scissor Sister’s album, Ta-Dah.


Needed: one Ta-Dah


I adore the Scissor Sisters. I believe that they have been sent to help us, and Ana Metronic is my hero. She has very important things she needs to communicate, and here I sit, waiting to hear those things. Except that the UK iTunes store will not sell me the album. I have to wait until TUESDAY (the 26th), for the U.S. release.

This does me NO GOOD as I sitting here working NOW. I’m trying to listen to it off of myspace, but it’s not working so well. It’s making me twitchy.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can resolve this terrible crisis?

However, it cannot be a coincidence that Ta-Dah is coming out on the very same day as the long-awaited paperback version of 13 Little Blue Envelopes, complete with 12 pages of extras! I choose to believe that these events are linked!


Coming in two days! Now, with extras!


I’m told that some copies of the paperback have been spotted in the wild, lurking alongside Devilish, looking all paperbacky and coy. I have a few copies myself. I have used them to build a little wall around my desk. I am always taking protective measures to prepare for the inevitable zombie attack. (What have you done today on that front?)

I’ll be back tomorrow with another installment of my Catholic school stories. It’s a good one: the story of our prom, the rules, and the 100 yard dash that secured my academic future.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It kind of makes me sad that your older blogs have barely any comments. They're all very funny too.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Abby said...

How did you solve the Scissor Sister crisis with only two comments neither of which discuss said crisis! I'm quite confused. And sad. I wanted to know the solution to your pickle!
That last sentence sounds REALLY weird, but I'm fairly certain you understand the gist of it.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home