about bulletins books Maureen Johnson dot com blog f.a.q. contact community
 
 
 
 
 
suite scarlett
girl at sea
devilish
13 little blue envelopes
the bermudez triangle
the key to the golden firebird
vacations from hell
let it snow
 
 

Thursday, September 07, 2006

CUPCAKE DAY! CONTEST! SONGS! SNAX!

Friends, the day is here. Devilish is now on sale. Jane Jarvis has arrived. Now you can read the book that Amber Benson, Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s Tara, is calling “the cleverest take on selling your soul that I've read in a long time.”

It’s also the book that earned me an entirely unexpected comparison to Stephen King in Kirkus Reviews. I’m still reeling over that one.



Jane is here. Hello, Jane!


Over the next few days, I’ll be giving you some inside stories about Devilish and how it was written. One of the first things you should know, however, is that it prominently features cupcakes. So today, in honor of the fact that it is Devilish release day, is also CUPCAKE DAY at the MJ desk.

So, maybe you would like to go here and check out this site, which is entirely devoted to cupcakes—and I’ll be doing an interview there a bit later. A CUPCAKE INTERVIEW. Oh yes.

I can’t actually go out and do much celebrating, as I’m still writing. And as I’ve explained before, deadlines involve a lot of sitting around and complaining. But I think I will try to obtain a cupcake somehow. Maybe one will magically appear at my door. One can always hope.


Delicious cupcakes. Won’t you have one with me?


“This is all well and good,” you say, “but how can I win a free copy?”

Thanks for asking.

ENTER THE DEVILISH HALLOWEEN HANDOUT

Nothing could be simpler! Send an email here and be automatically entered to win a copy of Devilish. Write the word “Devilish” in the subject line. On or around October 31st, ten lucky winners will be chosen. As Devilish is a Penguin book, it is possible that an ACTUAL PENGUIN might do the drawing.

If you can’t wait two months for the possibility of winning one, why not buy one today and re-gift it later? Just a suggestion. An evil suggestion, in keeping with a book about evil.

Also, you can . . .

LISTEN TO SOME DEVILISH SONGS

Need a soundtrack for your book? A few months ago, I discovered the button on my Apple that shares my playlists, and I posted iMixes for both Devilish and 13 Little Blue Envelopes. Just hop on to the iTunes store and entire either title in the iMix search, and you too can feel the noise.

Just in case you are wondering, I reported the other day that I would probably listen to that Belle and Sebastian album for 70 hours straight. So far it’s holding true. That is some delicious album. It will undoubtedly appear on the Girl At Sea iMix. I can't quite get over the line, "She's a Venus in flares, and you want to split hairs?" in the song "White Collar." I highly recommend it.



The album that is quickly becoming the Girl At Sea soundtrack.


I am blasting it at myself right now, partially to cover up the fact that my neighbor is blasting The Phantom of the Opera, which is really continuing the whole “Paris artist’s garret” theme from the other day.

Now, I am going to get back to it. If you read Devilish, please drop me a line and let me know what you think. Or if you have cupcakes, please just come here directly. No need to knock. The New York Office has an open door policy for cupcake holders.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have no idea which character is on the cover of Devilish. And you deserved every single awesome review you got.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home